Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Motorized Platter Ramp
I'm sure this is a simple answer that I'm overlooking.

I remember having this issue before, but I fixed it..justy don't remember how. On my Rane 12 mk2, when I push play, I want to eliminate the ramp time. I set MotorWheelInstant Play to 'Yes'. I set the Ramp Start,Stop, and Scratch times all to 0. However, I still get that "wind up", classic record player start.

Thanks for being patient with all my recent questions. Have used VDJ for over 15 years. Leaned a little heavier on Serato the for the last 5 years or so, but am coming back around to making VDJ my permanent kit. Just trying to wrap my mind around all the possibilities and get everything set up to be optimal for my workflow.

Thanks again.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 1:42 am
Are you using the Rane's in USB (MIDI) mode or in TC mode ?
If you're using them in TC (timecode) mode then motorwheelInstantPlay doesn't have any effect over them.
You need to use the USB (MIDI) mode for the setting to make a difference.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 9:11 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Are you using the Rane's in USB (MIDI) mode or in TC mode ?
If you're using them in TC (timecode) mode then motorwheelInstantPlay doesn't have any effect over them.
You need to use the USB (MIDI) mode for the setting to make a difference.

I’m in USB mode. Don’t even have the RCA cables hooked up…lol. That thought crossed my mind about an hour into this saga.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 12:08 pm
Do you see the platter ramp up instantly, or does it take some time to reach normal speed ?
Can you check under Settings->Options->Controller the Rane specific settings for motor ramp time ?

BTW: What's the value of motorWheelLockTime ? I hope you didn't set that to zero.. That's the time VirtualDJ ignores the platter speed when starting/stopping the platter when instant play / instant stop are enabled.
By default it should be 1 second. If Rane specific settings are set to their default value, then try to increase Lock Time to 2 seconds.

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 12:50 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Do you see the platter ramp up instantly, or does it take some time to reach normal speed ?
Can you check under Settings->Options->Controller the Rane specific settings for motor ramp time ?

BTW: What's the value of motorWheelLockTime ? I hope you didn't set that to zero.. That's the time VirtualDJ ignores the platter speed when starting/stopping the platter when instant play / instant stop are enabled.
By default it should be 1 second. If Rane specific settings are set to their default value, then try to increase Lock Time to 2 seconds.

THAT WAS IT!!!! My motorWheelLockTime was set to 0.10...Changed the value to 1 and it behaves as expected. It WAS taking some time to get to normal speed, but now it sounds instant. THANKS A MILLION!!!

Posted Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 1:11 pm