Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: EFFECTS: Mapping a knob to an FX knob
BACKGROUND: I have a Numark party mix controller. It has some (3) effects but can only be activated with pads (with pad mode set to "effect"). There are no FX knobs.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO: I am wondering whether, ONLY while in "effect" mode, I may map some knob, for example the BASS eq knob, to act as a FILTER/FX Knob.

I don't know if a filter/fx knob would be applicable to the native party mix effects, but I may eventually map the pads to select some virtual dj effects working with filter/fx knob?

Summing up, I would like to find a way to use effects (such as High-Low Pass Filter, Echo ColorFX, Pitch Color FX, Noise Color FX) with an fx knob mapped to some knob in a controller without fx knob like mine.

Thanbk you so much for any help on this matter!

Posted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 3:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
button

toggle $myMode

dial example

var $myMode ? filter : eq_low

Posted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 4:35 pm
I think I did something similar (if not exactly) what suggested (in the end I decided to "sacrify" the gain knob in effect mode:

pad_page 'PM FX' ? filter : gain

in addition, I am using pad #4 to activate the color FX menu selection ONLY when in effect mode:

pad_page 'PM FX' ? filter_selectcolorfx : pad 4

One further question: is there a way to select (not to trigger) a specific color filter pre-assigning it to a given PAD (to be used with the know)?

Thank you so much!

Posted Fri 23 Dec 22 @ 2:42 pm