Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mixtrack Pro FX - remapping Shift + pad mode button
neilControlleristMember since 2022
I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro FX controller

As dafult, pressing shift + the pad function select button "Cue" (called "HotCues" in the VDJ interface) switches the pads to CueLoop mode.
I'd like to remap this to BeatJump

I can do this by going into settings and editing the paramater of "shift_cue_mode" from "pad_page 5 & set 'fadercutspress' 0" to "pad_page 10 & set 'fadercutspress' 0"

However, when I do this, the next pad mode select button to the right (AutoLoop on this controller) is altered on the VDJ interface, rather than the button I'm trying to change (HotCues on this controller) as per the image below

Posted Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 12:18 pm

Posted Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 12:33 pm
neilControlleristMember since 2022
klausmogensen wrote :
I don't think you should remap like that, because there is an added padpage config layer that you are then breaking

You should instead simply select the padpage that goes into slot no 5 (or any other slot)

Look here for how it works:
http://virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads.html#controller

Thanks. I got it sorted that way.

The issue for me here really is that VDJ shows different menus at different times.
If happen to have Pads set to Pads (4 btn) then I don't seem to be able to access the menus shown in that guide. But if I have it set to Pads (default) then I can right click on the current selected pad mode and then I see the page and shifted page options for the controller.

This is the second time I've come up against this. Seems a bit badly designed?

Posted Fri 16 Dec 22 @ 12:07 pm