Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem with loopDefault setting
Hi all,

I have a strange problem which just started today. My loop trigger suddenly has a weird default value of 3.914285 bars, instead of 4.0 bars (see screenshot). This means that loops don't last the full 4 beats, which is obviously not good.

No matter how many times I change it back to 4.0 in the loopDefault settings, it always reverts back to the weird value the next time I trigger a loop. I've also tried adjusting it and then restarting the program, but no luck. I've also tried turning off and on the settings for smartLoop and quantizeLoop with no effect.

If anyone could advise how to fix this, I would massively appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Posted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 3:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does it happen with just mouse & keyboard (no controller) ?
Do you have a knob on your controller assigned to adjust the loop length ?

I see in your Account stats that you are using the Pioneer DDJ-RR. If so, then perhaps you enable the Loop In Wheel Adjust mode and slightly adjust the loop with your jogwheel.
The mode can be enabled e.g. if you press the LOOP IN button twice. See .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrr/layout/loops.html

Posted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 9:41 pm
Thanks very much for the suggestion. It seems to have randomly fixed itself for now, but will keep your idea in mind, for sure. Cheers!

Posted Wed 14 Dec 22 @ 4:03 pm
Unfortunately, this problem is persisting. Would really appreciate if anyone could suggest how to fix this, thanks!

Posted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 10:33 am
Do you have smart loop option enabled ?
Smart loop automatically corrects your timing when you use loop in/out buttons to create a perfect loop in whole beats.
If you have smart loop disabled, it is possible to get such number just because you can never be THAT precise when hitting in/out buttons.
The smart loop setting can be changed per deck. So, it is possible that you have it disabled on one deck, but enabled on another.

Posted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 5:23 pm
Thanks for your reply, I typically use the auto loop, not the in/out, so it should be looping at exactly 4/8/16 bars etc instead of these weird numbers. I've tried with and without smart looping, but it didn't help. Also, it happens intermittently and I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it

Posted Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 4:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
is it a consistent 3.91...... whatever? or always different?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 4:53 pm
Still happening at random times and I can't consistently stop the problem. The strange loop number is not always the same but always slightly less than the nearest 4.0 beats.

E.g. 3.95354 or 15.98432

This is so incredibly frustrating - is there someone from Virtual DJ here that could help, please? I'm paying my monthly license, so I would hope for better customer service here. Thanks

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 11:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What plugins do you have?, what do you have on custom_buttons? any unique HW mapping
it's a long list to narrow it down.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 11:58 am