Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: v.2023
Anyone experiencing super long track loading times and lag with the nerw version? Tracks from Beatport taking a really long time to load on new version and wavefortms are very glitchy

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 8:01 pm
turn off real time stems and that will go away sounds like your hardware may be a bit slow

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 8:06 pm
I just bought a new GPU (Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti) to boost the STEMS speed analysis compared to my old GTX 1060. Cost a lot but it now analyses the tracks faster than I can imagine !

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 8:27 pm
Yes its 110% the update. Im an AMD user..it literally crashed my GPU 2x tonight requiring me to reinstall drivers etc. Im running a pretty fast machine AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor with a RDX 580 GPU..I DJ with a Numark NVii Controller. Rolled back to the old version and things seem MUCH faster and stable

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 2:00 am
I'm rolling back to 2021, it seems I can't even get it to fall back or even use my Nvidia card instead of my on-chip radeon. It's causing major lag in the interface and doesn't load even the 1.0 stems half the time, so I'm giving up.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 6:42 am
I also rolled back to 2021. They have major work to do on this. Even those that have kept it are shutting off Live STEMS

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 9:53 pm
I am finding some variability with the performance of VDJ 23 when I'm building the stems. Sometimes it runs fast and other times slow. When it's slow the it doesn't look like the GPU is being used at all. Yes I am using AMD but going out and spending a months wages on a Nvidia monster isn't a solution. Have VDJ recognized this as a bug and are the devs looking into it?
Btw when it works it's amazing.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 22 @ 3:51 am
Not load time - just stems 2.0 separation time

So simply choose one of the 3 ways to make VDJ 2023 work on your laptop, until you get a better one
1. Only use prepared stems
2. Use stems 1.0 settings
3. Disable stems altogether

... there is really no need to downgrade VDJ

Posted Fri 16 Dec 22 @ 7:58 am
jbsessions wrote :
Have VDJ recognized this as a bug and are the devs looking into it?

I don't think so, because i don't think there is a general bug
Or in other words: If you use one of the recommended GPUs, then real-time stems 2.0 separation should work fine

Posted Fri 16 Dec 22 @ 8:00 am
Hi Klausmogensen I should add that this was non real time separation, I always build stems before a set even when using the old stems engine, but I accept your point. My GPU is a bit feeble so I overclocked it and in VDJ options ticked the 'lower priority' box and the speed was good. Sometimes it still goes slow, so I untick the box and then re-tick the box and off we go at a good speed again. I see that other users with much more powerful rigs than mine are getting some variability too. However it is a very clever piece of software so I just queued up all my music, came back the next day and all my tracks built stems correctly. When my GPU melts from all the overclocking abuse I'll get one of the recommended ones.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 11:42 pm
I have a gtx770 all I did was uncheck "Dont use GPU" and it does the stems as fast as the track loads. I will upgrade my laptop for stems 2.0 at my gigs. But for my home PC this gtx770 with stems 1.0 is good enough since I actually don't mix with my home PC just database management.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 11:56 pm
I have the same problems with lagging long titles.
When the titel longer than the setting "maxPreloadLength" VDJ show in the status stream. This is ok. But the Sounds lag continually all 10-20 sec.

Stems off
Win 10 last build
VDJ 2023 b7388
i9-12900H
3080ti Notebook
32GB RAM

Posted Thu 22 Dec 22 @ 7:19 am