Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Kontrol S2 MK2 mapping pad pages to controller
I am having a hell of a time mapping the remix button to my pad pages on the Kontrol S2. In the default mapping for my controller, the remix button normally toggle between the hotcues pad page and the sampler pad page. I cannot figure out the mapping to get it to toggle between all of the other pad pages including stems, scratch, beatjump, etc.

Also, when any pad page is selected, for example, the scratch page, my pads are not triggering the scratches, stems, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 3:02 am
Ok, maybe I can explain this a little better.

I'm trying to get the hotcue pads on my controller to cycle between modes when a particular button is pressed. My controller's default buttons for this are two small led buttons (remix) that toggle the modes per deck. The buttons currently cycle between hotcues mode and sampler mode, but I can't get it to cycle between other (pad pages) modes like stems, scratch, beatjump etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for four days straight!

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 11:27 pm
have you tried?
"pad_page_select +1" or "pad_page_select -1"

Posted Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 12:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
look at the remix button
toggle 'ktrls2mk2padmode' & var_equal 'ktrls2mk2padmode' 0 ? pad_page 'hotcues' : pad_page 'sampler'

toggles [changes a variable from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1] a variable with the name 'ktrls2mk2padmode', then it queries that variables value, if zero, then change to hotcue page, if not zero change to sampler

then we'll look at hot_1
var_equal 'ktrls2mk2padmode' 0 ? hot_cue 1 : var_equal 'ktrls2mk2padmode' 1 ? sampler_pad 1
it does a similar thing, queries that same variable, if zero do a hotcue thing, if 1 do a sampler thing.

looking at shift_hot_1
var_equal 'ktrls2mk2padmode' 0 ? delete_cue 1 : var_equal 'ktrls2mk2padmode' 1 ? sampler_stop 1
again similar

understand why those buttons don't do other pads, because the don't call the general script that work with every page.
pad 1 etc
they work on specific pad based on the value of a variable.

I can't tell you why it was mapped that way, I'd guess it's because it's a 4 pad set.

I can give you some pointers, but you are remapping personal to yourself and you own that mapping whether you want to or not

first your hot_X buttons, change then to
pad X (X being the pad number)
your shift_hot_X buttons
padshift X

those buttons are now linked to the shown pads on screen

your remix button, there's a few ways this could go, I'll do 2
easiest
Remix button
pad_page_select +1

a bit smarter
Remix button
pad_page 'hotcues' ? pad_page 'sampler' : pad_page 'sampler' ? pad_page 'stems' : pad_page 'stems' ? pad_page 'loop' : pad_page 'loop' ? pad_page 'hotcues' : 

are we on hotcues ? yes, change to sampler : no not on hotcues, are we on sampler ? yes change to stems : not sampler, on stems ? yes change to loops : not stems, are we on loops ? yes change to hotcues

I hope you see the logic.

play with that, post again, and I'll look over the LEDS, because they can be a bit more involved

Posted Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 12:20 am
Thank you! That totally makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to help me understand this. I had a feeling that the old script being used could only toggle between two variables.

These commands seem to be working great. The remix button is definitely cycling through the pad pages and the controller's pads are triggering the first four pads on each pad page. The only issue I'm having now is that the first pad under 'hotcues' is not setting a hotcue when pressed but the other three pads are setting hotcues.

The other issue is of course the LEDs. I'm going to play around with it but if you could guide me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Posted Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 6:33 pm