Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems 2.0 cuts off 1st transient
This was mentioned in another thread, and I have been experienced this issue and can't figure it out (although I'm sure it's simple).

My computer isn't powerful enough for real-time, but I have pre-computed several songs for stems. However, when I use the song, especially in a loop, the first transient audio drops out. This is disconcerting because it's usually a kick drum that's missing. It's almost like the audio is peak compressed on the down beat, then pumps back in afterward. Is there a setting that I'm missing that helps with this?

FWIW, I have only noticed this if I drop the vocal. I have not noticed this when playing the full song.

TIA

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 10:20 pm
I've been dealing with the same thing. It's was consistent, then it stopped with many songs, and then it was back. Frustrating. I have a 2022 MacBook Pro on MacOS Ventura and it's on prepared stems and real-time.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 10:46 pm
https://youtu.be/Aaxaobfc5mk

Here's a link to a screen capture video I did this morning showing what I described. Looks like a few folks are having this same issue. If I could fix this issue, everything else is working like a DREAM.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 5:45 pm
Might be a Mac only thing. Doesn't happen on my PC.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 6:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Might be a Mac only thing. Doesn't happen on my PC.

Yeah, I haven't seen very many other people with this issue... I think so.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 10:40 pm
DJ A S#arp wrote :
https://youtu.be/Aaxaobfc5mk

Here's a link to a screen capture video I did this morning showing what I described. Looks like a few folks are having this same issue. If I could fix this issue, everything else is working like a DREAM.

Yeah I see... mine does that, but even with Vocal stem on after processing (whether real-time or prepared). I'm also having a Beatsource - search lock up issue too... but if this first transient thing AND the Beatsource issue wouldn't happen, this would be PERFECT for me!

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 10:42 pm
The beat is not missing. On the first Beat is a "white noise" and the ai think is a vocal. You can see the green Color of the wave. this i a hint of an detectet Vocal. Try the Second 4 Beats i think there is no missing beat.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 11:07 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
The beat is not missing. On the first Beat is a "white noise" and the ai think is a vocal. You can see the green Color of the wave. this i a hint of an detectet Vocal. Try the Second 4 Beats i think there is no missing beat.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head. Now that I'm going back and running the tracks that I noticed it, they all seem to have that same thing in common. Now that I know this, I think I can find ways to work around it.

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 11:17 pm
Offtopic:

HAHAHA
I think you might have hit the nail on the head.

In Germany we say it also. Its funny to hear this in english :D

Posted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 11:22 pm