Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Slideshow Shuffle
Hi. I recently started using the slideshow feature when playing .mp3s. Its great! My evening consists of usually 50% music videos (mp4) and 50% music (mp3). When I mix out of a mp4 into a mp3, my slideshow kicks in perfectly. However, I am seeing that it repeats a lot of the same .jpgs and mini .mp4 videos. Regardless if I have "shuffle" on or off, it does not cycle through all the files. My settings allow for a lot of pics and videos (30 seconds each) to be shown/cycled during my 15 mins of mp3 play. If I'm home and play an hour of mp3s, THEN I will eventually see all the files. Is anyone else having this issue? Thank you.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 12:58 pm
That's typical behavior with "Shuffle/Random" playback/picking of anything, as long as the random seed is trully random.
It's like throwing a dice.. In a real world, you could get "5" four times before you get a "6", making you believe that you see "5" more often. However if you keep throwing the dice enough times the amount of times each number appears will eventually equalize.

An alternative option would be to "randomize order once" and after playing all elements with the preset random order, "randomize order again", and play all elements with the new order.
This approach has some dissadvantages though.. While it gives the same weight on all items, it means that all items must be shown/played/picked before new items can be picked or before the same item can be shown/played/picked again. Which means it's not trully random.

Anyway, perhaps the devs can see if they can do something or not. However the behavior is normal.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 1:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Slideshow should cycle through all files before showing the same file again, regardless of shuffle.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 1:51 pm
Thank you both PHANTOMDEEJAY and ADION for responding. I agree that hopefully one of their developers will check it out and correct it.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 22 @ 3:12 pm