Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Migration from Mediamonkey
JESTEDControlleristMember since 2018
Hi everyone,

I looking for some utilities which allows me to import in Virtual DJ my Mediamonkey music collection without loosing some field/column customizations.

Thanks in advance

Ian Werich

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 9:33 am
Such as ?

If the info you need is stored inside standard ID3 tags, then VirtualDJ is absolutely capable to read those data.
If they are not inside standard tags (but still inside ID3 tags on "user defined" fields) then you can use a tag application to copy/move these data to a filed VirtualDJ can read.

PS: I have never used Mediamonkey, so bare with me. If I got everything wrong, please provide more details on what you're trying to achieve.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 10:09 am
JESTEDControlleristMember since 2018
For example, in MM I've stored for convenience the name of the singer in the field "albumartist" as MM doesn't have the field "singer". Though VDJ has the field "singer" but it's obviously blank after reading my library.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 22 @ 1:44 pm
JESTED wrote :
For example, in MM I've stored for convenience the name of the singer in the field "albumartist" as MM doesn't have the field "singer". Though VDJ has the field "singer" but it's obviously blank after reading my library.

I continue to use MM as my database and curate my DJ laptop library from there because my music database is rather large.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 22 @ 2:37 am