Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto Gain.
riccojsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Below is my other post with, I am guessing, a related issue. Gain control knob on deck sync with VDJ. This post is related to gain volume. The Trim needs to be adjusted on every track, and the knob to VDJ sync issue. Uptodate VDJ default skin on pro 4 decks.

Thanks John

Other Post!
"This is also related to using the automix playlist for bathroom breaks and dinner music. songs will vary greatly from track to track. No matter the setting in Gain control in settings!!

How can I get the auto gain to work better and of course fix the knob sync issue?

Tried to search for this issue, but don't know how to find what I NEED. Using any controller and two different computers running the latest version of VDJ with the default skin on pro.

On the controller, the trim and Eq knobs need to be turned full in one direction or the other to sync it with the software. sometimes it has to be done on every song load.

It's like VDJ locks the knob position and does not listen to the controller until the knob is turned past the existing position of the knob in the software. Then the knob controls the software.

The biggest is the Trim knob; load a track, and turn the controller trim knob fully down or up to sync it with VDJ. Once you do this, it will then trim as normal.

This also is related to another issue. but also where I have been testing to fix the above issue. will do another post for the gain issue. Using the Gain control in settings (AUTO, Remember, or Auto/Remember) using any one of these does not change the above behavior.

How can I get VDJ to hold sync with the controller so I do not have to turn the knob full both directions to get it to sync with VDJ?

Thanks
John

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 1:27 am
Yes you can change the changeover mode id you want the tekoer to be instant
Generally not a good idea, since your audio will jump, but some people prefer it

But maybe more importantly, you should ne able to use autoGain is a way so that your very rarely need to touch the gains

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 8:40 am