Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Any controller knobs trim mostly but others.
riccojsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tried to search for this issue, but don't know how to find what I NEED. Using any controller and two different computers running the latest version of VDJ with the default skin on pro.

On the controller, the trim and Eq knobs need to be turned full in one direction or the other to sync it with the software. sometimes it has to be done on every song load.

It's like VDJ locks the knob position and does not listen to the controller until the knob is turned past the existing position of the knob in the software. Then the knob controls the software.

The biggest is the Trim knob; load a track, and turn the controller trim knob fully down or up to sync it with VDJ. Once you do this, it will then trim as normal.

This also is related to another issue. but also where I have been testing to fix the above issue. will do another post for the gain issue. Using the Gain control in settings (AUTO, Remember, or Auto/Remember) using any one of these does not change the above behavior.

How can I get VDJ to hold sync with the controller so I do not have to turn the knob full both directions to get it to sync with VDJ?

Thanks
John

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 1:20 am
For EQ my guess here is that from what you describe and the workflow you want to have, you need to change the "resetEqOnLoad" setting to no.
This way VirtualDJ won't reset the EQ to "12 o clock" position every time you load a new track and your controller's EQ knobs will always stay in sync with the software.

For gain (trim) knob you can turn autogain off.
Another possible solution (depending on the desired workflow) would be to turn off both autogain AND "gainSliderIncludesAutoGain" option off.

PS:
You could also mess with the controllerTakeOverMode setting, but from your description it doesn't seem that it's the right answer for your desired workflow.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 10:41 pm