Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can't repair my corrupted VDJ program - can't remove it - can't install new - VDJ no longer usable
I recently downloaded VirtualDJ 2021 and just began learning how to use it and loved the experience, however, itt became corrupted. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it. It will not uninstall nor can I install VDJ 2022. Instead, I get the message "the folder path "iPhoneBackups and Pix" contains an invalid character.

I went to the folder, iPhoneBackups and Pix, and removed everything including the folder but itself but it still gives the same message over and over. I also deleted VDJ 2021 and tried installing 2022. Nothing works, I keep getting that same message. Any suggestions?

I've spent all day trying to get past this and can't get anywhere. Can you suggest anything to try.

Posted Sat 29 Oct 22 @ 8:39 pm

Posted Sat 29 Oct 22 @ 8:54 pm
Thanks for the help but the effort didn't end well - I went through all steps and number 5 successfully removed the program but I still got the same fault message when I tried to reinstall. I then went back to RegEdit and found the file referred to in the message. It took me to a place down in the user files (C:\Users\bizib\Dropbox\My PC (DESKTOP-4L2V4RC)\Desktop) and the link did not find the file--I did find the songs that I loaded into VDJ and deleted them all. That didn't help. So now I don't have any VDJ program, no reference to them in the registry, and no songs referenced in the directory stated in the error message but still get the same error message again (and again, and again). So, just as a final troubleshooting step I downloaded another DJ App, NHC's product which I do use and like for both audio and video. It was installed and worked instantly. Where from here at least my addiction to playing DJ can be satisfied until a solution for VirtualDJ is found. No joke, I only played with VDJ for 3 days and shot out a few remixes that people say they love (unless they are just being kind). Anyway, thanks for your help, and here's hoping a solution come is found--I really like the program but a few zeros and ones ain't letting me enjoy it anymore. Thanks again, I learned a lot from the experience.

Posted Sat 29 Oct 22 @ 10:52 pm
Success! Re-installed. MR. ELIVE's post helped get rid of the file it was looking for so the failure message, which named the file without the path, changed to indicate what drive it was looking on. The file was a copy of the song I was using and came from a backup USB drive, not where the original was. That drive wasn't operating but a lot of connector wiggling got it to work again and then I was able to reinstall the program. Takeaways are don't use songs duplicated on a removable medium although that would only matter if your VDJ file gets corrupted. Why mine got corrupted is unknown but it lost the SAMPLEs for some reason so I opted to reload/repair it. When I was about to give up, desperate to still enjoy my new hobby, I downloaded just about every DJ software there is and as long as it had a free trial I played around with it. In conclusion, VirtualDJ is the best by far of any of them.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 22 @ 4:51 pm