Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Duplicates / Corrupted database?
The "duplicates" filter folder must be only for the PC version. I use an older Macbook Pro (El Capitan) with VDJ version 8.5 b6839 (updated yesterday to b7183) and there is NO Duplicates folder in my software version.
My database I believe is corrupted as I have duplicates and triplicates and more of the same files that are actually empty and not playable. How can I best clean up my 24,000+ tracks? If I delete my database ( .xml ) and start over, will I loose all of my tags, comments, notes etc? Is there a separate database file for each different HD? I use an internal and external hard drives.
I use a 4TB WD passport HD that is PC formatted but able to be used just fine with my Mac because I have the Paragon NTFS software for Mac (I have a PC laptop as a backup).
Second question: What is the difference between a "Recurse" and "add to Search Database"? Also what does Reload tags mean and do? I have tried a number of times to search and find these definitions but as yet not been successful in understanding the option meanings. Thank you.

Posted Thu 27 Oct 22 @ 4:24 am
The filter for duplicates is a standard feature in both PC & Mac.

Try resetting root folders in the 'Browser Options' menu small dot above the font resize buttons bottom left of the browser.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 22 @ 9:47 am
I know the duplicates filter folder is suppose to be there on my Mac. I did reset the roots folder as suggested but these are the only filter folders I have (6).
compatible songs
decades
genres
last played
most played
recently added

How many should there normally be without creating a custom one?
Any other ideas on how to fix my duplicates? Should I not delete the xml file? Would I lose all my comments and tags?

What does "remove missing files from search DB" mean and do? (in the browser options menu)

Posted Sun 30 Oct 22 @ 3:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can simply create a new custom filter folder, click advanced, and then type
duplicates

as the filter.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 22 @ 11:41 am