Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: A single command that acts like mic_talkover
rshawHome userMember since 2021
I love what mic_talkover does with a single tap to activate and a second tap to return levels back. What I could use is one that lowers levels on a specific deck while the other deck plays a voice files as if it was a love dj but but actually a recorded announcement then after the announcement levels can return to normal. I am automating background music to play with timed announcements using event scheduler as well as activating light shows on showxpress.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 6:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could add the voice-overs to the sampler instead, that way you can still use mic_talkover to lower the decks.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 7:31 am
Have you tried that? I'm not sure that won't get levels lowered as well

Posted Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 7:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ah yes sorry, lowers sampler volume too

Posted Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 7:33 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*it's more typing explaining how to do it than actually doing it*

example is lowing deck 1 to 50%, playing sample 1 & raising deck 1 to 100%

set $volManip 0 & deck master repeat_start volManip 25ms -1 & var $volManip 0 ? param_smaller 0.5 `deck 1 level` ? sampler_play 1 & set $volManip 1 : deck 1 level -2% : var $volManip 1 ? sampler_used ? : set $volManip 2 : var $volManip 2 ? param_equal 1.0 `deck 1 level` ? deck master repeat_stop volManip & set $volManip 0 : deck 1 level +2%

Posted Sat 22 Oct 22 @ 11:03 am
That works great except the delay is too long after the sampler is played to go back to full volume. Does this script query when the sampler is over then raise the volume back to 100% or is it simply a timed delay? How do I altert this to do that. Also, I'm using this in event sheduler. I have in script to load deck 2 with a automix playlist however when I also tell it to play deck 2 it doesn't do it in automix mode. How do I get the script to tell it to play automixed rather than just the first song in the playlist?
One more question is I am a newbie to script and don't seem to do the syntax right to have multiple commands go on the same line and act on them. For example, I want the deck 2 to pause, wait 3 sec then begin play again. I'm writing "deck 2 pause 3000ms & deck 2 play" Why doesn't this work? Thank you for your help.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 3:44 am
I want people to know it says Im a home user but I will be buying for dj use now that I know this will work for me. I am using it to automate music, announcements, and run showxpress light shows all from event scheduler during our local Winter Wonderland event that lasts 9 weeks. It is an ice rink with many other attractions. I am running the lights and sound and trying to improve the experience so these things can run unattended while staff is handling guests. Last year we had to man the running of sound, do live announcements, and I had to oversee the timing of the showxpress light shows. Inevitably those that were to run the sound would be late starting and stopping it as well as activating the lights show from showxpress. I'm hoping vdj can make this a much smoother event. This is a not-for-profit event provided by the City I live in and work for to bring entertainment to our community during the holidays.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 4:29 am
it's watching for sampler to stop playing, [the sampler_used query] if you need faster vol increase make the increment a larger %

if you want automix on deck 2, then specify that in script
deck 2 automix

your "deck 2 pause 3000ms & deck 2 play" doesn't work as pause doesn't accept a time parameter so the time is ignored, so you're just really saying pause & play, which will fire instantly after each other [appearing like nothing happened]
There's a wait action to add delay in scripts
deck 2 pause & wait 3000ms & deck 2 play

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 11:53 am
I don't need faster volume increase I need the time from when the sampler is played to when the volume goes back up a shorter time. There is a long delay from when the sampler is played and finished to when the volume starts to go back up again.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 9:01 pm
Why doesn't this work in script
"deck 2 load (full path of playlist) & deck 2 automix"
It does load the playlist but won't activate automix and start playing.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 9:18 pm
Locodog, I found its the length of deadspace on the sampler file after it done. So all I have to do is edit the deadspace out. Duh. Sometimes the simplest thing is whats wrong and should have checked that. Thaks for your help on this.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 11:10 pm
locodog wrote :
*it's more typing explaining how to do it than actually doing it*

example is lowing deck 1 to 50%, playing sample 1 & raising deck 1 to 100%

set $volManip 0 & deck master repeat_start volManip 25ms -1 & var $volManip 0 ? param_smaller 0.5 `deck 1 level` ? sampler_play 1 & set $volManip 1 : deck 1 level -2% : var $volManip 1 ? sampler_used ? : set $volManip 2 : var $volManip 2 ? param_equal 1.0 `deck 1 level` ? deck master repeat_stop volManip & set $volManip 0 : deck 1 level +2%

Thanks for all your help Locodog and others. I have it working like I want it. I still don't understand why my "&" lines don't work but I worked around it just creating another event and it works fine.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 6:29 am
I assume changing param_equal to .8 instead of 1 will raise the volume to 80% instead of 100% or .5 to 50% correct?.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 6:12 am
correct, however param_equal is exact and depending on what level you start from and how you lower/raise, it might not go back to exact value [could go beyond and carry on] you should use param_bigger / smaller to dodge that problem

BUT always use a leading zero for numbers <1.0,
so 0.8, not .8

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 1:55 pm
The leading 0 yes I saw that when I tried it the color was green so I know that was not correct to use .80. Thank you Locodog you have helped me immensely. My event went off great using the event scheduler.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 7:23 pm