Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Streaming music with cue points between two computers
Hello there!

I have done some research and I can't find anything anywhere about my problem.
I have my PC where I do most creation of sets and what not. I make a sidelist and then save it of songs that go together and set cue points.

I am streaming my music from sound cloud, but when I use my Microsoft surface with another instance of virtual DJ running on it. My music is there, but the order of the songs and the cue points are gone.

All the solutions that I have found online are for downloaded music and not for streamed music.

any solutions??

Posted Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 2:43 am
Keep the full VirtualDJ folder and your music files synchronized between the 2 machines. Then all changes made on the prep PC will be visible on the surface.

I do this on 2 Macs, and use iCloud drive for keeping them synchronized. But the same can be done on windows with, for instance, Dropbox. You can also manually sync with a file synchronization tool when you see fit.

IMPORTANT: If you do this, make sure to only have VDJ open on one machine at a time. So while prepping, VDJ on the surface must be closed. Likewise when done prepping, close down VDJ on the PC before starting it on the surface.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 6:27 am