Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Music stop during two gigs
The last two gigs I had I lost music once at each of them. Each time I still had power to the rest of my set up. The first night, I literally unplugged the cable coming from my Pioneer DDJ SX2 controller (original cable) and plugged it back in and it was working again. So I thought I might need a new cable. I rush to amazon and got a two new cables for the following week. The same thing happen the following week with the new cable. Same thing, I unplugged and it worked fine the rest of the night. My buddy and I were discussing everything and the only thing we could come up with is the following:

The only thing new we have done in the last two gigs was add a Mackie mixer for our ceremonies. We use the same MacBook Pro for both the ceremony and reception that follows. We connect the MacBook with 1/4 inch to a USB C to the Mackie Mixer. I know the settings change once we connect each external mixer. I always restart Virtual DJ after the ceremony but it seems like a few hours into the gig, it reverts back to the Mackie mixer setting. Is there any way to either A) stop this from happening? B) set up a couple different audio profiles that I can click on when I'm connected to either my mackie mixer or DDJ SX2?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 2:48 pm