Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mute In Use?
Hi,

I have installed the latest early access in the hope of getting a few issues with my REV7 solved. I now get "MUTE (IN USE)" on both decks and I am unable to clear that not being able to hear anything.

Kind Regards

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 12:31 am
Okay, apparently this is a mapping issue which can be solved with the silent cue button. Pressing it once will switch it to MUTE - Silent CUE and pressing it again will unmute and it is working again. I guess this might be a bug in the early access.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 12:40 am
nmkldjsf008 wrote :
Okay, apparently this is a mapping issue which can be solved with the silent cue button. Pressing it once will switch it to MUTE - Silent CUE and pressing it again will unmute and it is working again. I guess this might be a bug in the early access.

I doubt it
Mute usually happens when a deck is set to play from external source - so you don't get overlapping audio

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 2:18 am
No I have not done that. It is set USB A and this only started to happen with the latest early access. I have one custom LineIn button set to route internal PC audio to Deck A. When I activate this MUTE goes off. When I deactivate it MUTE is back on. At the moment I have to manually press Silent CUE (twice) to get rid of the mute.

Edit: to avoid any doubt I reloaded the REV7 standard mapping and restarted. Same behavior.
Mute->Silent Cue->Normal

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 9:24 am
Unless you have done some funky stuff with your mapping, MUTE (IN USE) means that the deck is set on an analog input.
In other words it means that switch 25 is set to PHONO/LINE:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjrev7/layout/eq.html

In case switch 25 is set to correct USB, try to move it back and forth and let us know if this fixes your issue or not.
We can then investigate further.

PS: Also try to reproduce only with REV7 connected and factory default settings for both VirtualDJ and controller.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 9:45 am
Hi Phantom, thanks for the quick reply I tested default settings and switch 25 is correctly set to USB A. Also moving the switch back and forth has no effect on MUTE IN USE.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 9:49 am

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 9:55 am
Instant Scratch is not active when starting virtual DJ but cycling it removes MUTE IN USE.

edit: I reverted all settings to factory default. I still get MUTE IN USE as soon as I connect REV7. Audio and all Mappings.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 10:12 am
It seems the newest release 7183 seems to fix the issue.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 12:41 pm