Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ freeze on quick CoverArt selection (every time)

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 7:08 pm
Just tested mine, and I can't get it to crash

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 12:46 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
According to the video, it looks like a freeze and not a crash.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 1:39 pm
Hi guys. It's good that we can discuss it here.
@KLAUSMOGENSEN
You set it up on your computer "screen / scale and layout settings /125%" ?
You tried to quickly click away to the last CoverArt on Google. Feel free several times 1~20 and then again 20~1. Several times in a row, very quickly. Unfortunately, vdj cuts me every time, but every time with a different CoverArt.
If I have it set "screen / scale and layout settings /100%" is everything okay

@Djcel
The program stops responding and after some time a message is displayed that the program has stopped responding and it asks whether to wait or terminate the program. If I wait, it keeps going round and round. VDJ will not recover.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 5:47 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Mirda Draxal wrote :
The program stops responding and after some time a message is displayed that the program has stopped responding and it asks whether to wait or terminate the program.

Yes, it's what we call a freeze/hang. A crash is when the software closes by itself due to an exception. The way to analyse the issue is consequently different.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 6:05 pm
"Just tested mine, and I can't get it to crash"
-----> me too
+
"You set it up on your computer "screen / scale and layout settings /125%" ?"
-----> yes
= no problem...

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 8:00 pm
Hi.
Today I updated from b7177 to b7183 and I can no longer get the program to freeze when selecting CoverArt from google. There is no mention in the changelog that something is being fixed in CoverArt, so I don't know where the error could have been. Solved for me.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 5:03 pm