Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Constant crashing
I payed a lot of money for a program that constantly glitches and crashes anytime it wants. Brand new laptop with i7 chip. It only gets used for this program. Ive changed every setting possible. Any ideas???

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 3:39 pm
with the information you have given this is all i have

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

keep in mind brand new computers often come with out of date drivers and firmware because they may sit on a shelf for a very long time before purchased.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 4:00 pm
Like posted "Brand new laptop" is often the issue
A new laptop usually needs a bit of work before it can be used as a DJ laptop

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 2:21 am
"brand new laptop with i7 chip"
and almost complete lack of actual information that would be useful for troubleshooting.
i7 is just branding - the actual processor speed, amount of RAM, if the computer has a dedicated graphics card - nvdia preferably - whether or not you have STEMS enabled, whatever else is going on at the time on the computer - including background processes that running in the taskmanager, whatever programs are running at the time and whether or not you've optimized the computer for dj'ing AND removed the bloatware that's usually crammed into a new computer
if you google search bloatware removal for your brand and model of computer it will go a long way towards taking a load off of it while running.
and as for 'constantly glitching and crashing'.. actual crashes or hangs?. do you have crashguard reporting the crashes? there is a difference.
the complete lack of usable troubleshooting information when you want help is not exactly helpful to either the you OR the ones trying to help you.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 3:12 am