Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Soundcloud DJ cache issue
Evening all, just came off a 6 week break and feeling rested and ready for retirement! Before my break I tried Soundcloud DJ £19.99, which worked great and cached all my online songs.

Issue - I did not set up a monthly payment (paid by card once), now my 30 days has expired I can no longer play my Soundcloud songs which are cached without resubscribing to Soundcloud DJ. Soundcloud is now stopping me from resubscribing until I cancel my "Apple App Store" subscription??? This will take up to 30 days and I really need my online songs by Sunday and don't have time to download all 312 songs.

I have tried to delete my cache songs manually but then I can't see my play count, playlists won't play, and will take me too long to search, qualify, and make new playlists.

Any advice on this? Apart from don't use Soundcloud on live sets!!!

Posted Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 6:08 pm
Bigchap88 wrote :

my online songs
my Soundcloud songs
my online songs

When using a streaming service such as Soundcloud, they're not YOUR songs.

You're merely renting access to them.

My suggestion would be to convert the Soundcloud playlist to another service using Tune My Music, and access the music from there. Alternatively, buy them.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 1:26 pm
Perhaps my use of "my" masked the core of what I was asking!

How to you remove songs from the cache folder without loosing tags, play counts, and mix points from the original pre downloaded to cache information associated with it?

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 9:47 am