Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer SX2 Crashing Mid Set
Twice now in the past couple of weeks VDJ has crashed mid set and I have had to turn off my controller and close vdj then turn my controller back on and turn vdj back on (during a live set mind you) to get it to sync back up. When it syncs back up all settings and mapping are back to factory default. I have to finish my set with factory default settings and mapping. I then have to fix my configuration after the set.

I am using VDJ Pro v8.5-64 b 7151 with a VirtualDJ 2020 PRO infinity license on a Windows 10 v 21H2 b 19044.2075 desktop. I've used this controller with VDJ since VDJ 7 was a thing so.. years. It is a Pioneer SX2 running firmware version 1.06 and driver version 1.100.

Any advice is appreciated.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 6:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unfortunately we cant really help you, as there was no crash report uploaded to our server.
Were you connected to the Internet when the crash happened ?
Did VirtualDJ restart by itself after crash or you had to restart ?

Can you reproduce at will ? Were you doing something specific when happened , e.g. loading a Track, enabling some FX etc ?

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 5:31 am
Yes, I was streaming shoutcast audio and recording an mp3 file to my desktop at the same time. I don’t recall doing anything particularly fancy with my controller when it crashed. I had 2 tracks playing and I was moving my deck 1 fader to complete a long slow harmonic transition.

I can not reproduce this issue at will.

I did have a stable Internet connection.

I had to restart VDJ myself.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 8:34 am
I've narrowed down the issue to the Deck 1 channel fader. It literally just crashed on me again about 5 minutes ago. Any thoughts before I take very reluctantly take Pioneer's advice and switch to the appropriate software for my controller? I'm open to rolling back the software if older versions are available to try out.

Posted Sat 29 Oct 22 @ 4:01 pm
When I can get it to connect I get errors like this
https://gyazo.com/4c8bbae8c1bff9a53139274fbc912e0d
(I'm moving deck 3)

Mapping is already default
Settings are default

like whatever happened in the past couple updates, vdj is suddenly just not compatible with my controller. I found a old download of vdj8 instead of vdj 2021 and it works. I'm open to scheduling a support session at some point.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 22 @ 3:12 pm