Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke Singer Count
I have created / customised the default singer list but I would like to display how many singers / songs are waiting in the queue but I see no function call exists for this so my thought was to do an if then else i.e. If has_karaoke_next 9 is true then 10 singers are loaded, else if has_karaoke_next 8 is true then 9 singers are loaded etc etc etc. I have attached the screenshots of what I am trying to achieve but I think it is more just based on the structure of the if then else statement? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Posted Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 2:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
file_count karaoke

should return a number.

Posted Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 2:52 am
Oh! Interesting!! Thank you for that information and I was hoping to get something as simple as that. Much appreciated!

Update: I entered that function call and I get the text "file_count karaoke" as a textual return, see the attached pic. Maybe there is another way but that is more or less what I am looking for i.e. a song count.

Update 2: Okay I think that function you gave me looks correct because I researched it so what I did was I tried changing the function to text="has_karaoke_next ? 1 : 0" just to see if that works and it still spits out the function call as text so something else is wrong on my side. I will play around but thank you for that information!

Update 3 : Thank you I got it to work! I was supposed to reference action="" not text="" :) Awesome, thanks!!

Posted Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 12:00 pm