Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-800 Tempo Slider/BPM Issue
Hello,

When I turn the volume fader up on the left deck while I'm playing something on the right, the bpm on the left deck changes- but what I realized is, it changes to the current position of the tempo slider (The exact bpm that matches the current position of the tempo slider) Eg. I'm playing a 110bpm song on the right deck and I load a 109 song on the left deck, Auto BPM match makes the one on the left 110 as well. But when I'm ready to transition and bring the volume fader of the left deck up, The BPM changes from 110 to whatever position the tempo slider is currently in. For example, if It's currently 1 click above the middle line, the BPM changes to 107.5bpm instead of remaining at the 110bpm it was supposed to be at.—been racking my brain on this for months. I tried a driver and firmware update, and the issue was resolved for a couple of days and it started again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 6:36 am
Check "controllerTakeoverModePitch" setting. Set it to "pickup" if it's not there already.
Does that solve your issue ?

Posted Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 7:41 am

Thanks for the response Phantom.
Unfortunately, I checked and it's already set to 'pickup'.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 8:23 am
Are you using the default mapper ?
If not, try to use factory default.
If yes, then close VirtualDJ, go to Documents\VirtualDJ folder and rename settings.xml to settings_original.xml. Start VirtualDJ again. It will start with fresh settings.
Check if the issue still occurs.
You can revert back to your original settings by deleting "new" settings.xml file and rename settings_original.xml back to settings.xml

Posted Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 8:40 am
I'm currently using the default mapping and all default settings. Is there a possibility the issue may be hardware related? Thanks

Posted Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 9:07 am

Posted Fri 21 Oct 22 @ 12:50 am