Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Keyboard shortcuts to set and adjust first beat / bpm editor
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to move the first beat marker in the grid, but I want to just move it by small increments. What I'm trying to achieve is the open the editor, zoom in on the first beat and just use two keys (left and right, for example) to slightly move the first beat so I can get it set accurately without having to use the mousepad on my laptop.

I've mapped a key to set the first beat to the current play position, but can I set the others to move the marker?

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 10:55 am
Anyone?

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 3:14 am
I would like this as well, but I don't think the BPM editor has any keyboard shortcuts.

I really like the way beat grid editing works in Serato. You hit ALT-SPACE, and then the main waveform widget enters grid editing mode. In that mode you can set/delete markers, and adjust/slip the grid -- all from the keyboard and "live" while the track is playing! When you're done editing you hit ENTER and the updated grid is saved. If you messed up you can hit ESC, and you leave editing mode with no changes done.

This works really well, and is very efficient for difficult tracks. It would be cool if VDJ could up the BPM editor UX by doing something similar. :-)

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 11:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
adjust_cbg +10ms

You can indeed not use mapped keyboard shortcuts from within the bpm editor, but you can from a midi controller.
You could also simply zoom in the scratch wave, then you probably don't need to open the bpm editor.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 11:10 am
How will the script look like if I also have another button, while pressed, open the Scratch wave window, max zoomed and when released return to previous window?

Posted Sun 11 Sep 22 @ 11:50 am
Any help?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 22 @ 6:22 pm
zoom 0.1 while_pressed

Posted Tue 13 Sep 22 @ 6:49 pm
That part i understand but what is the script to open the Scratch window if I have audio or video window open in the built in skin "pro" and when released the button, return to the previous view?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 22 @ 7:19 pm
In the default pro skin the wave is always visible at the top, so it should always be visible.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 4:40 am
I mean the scratch view window in the middle

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 5:38 am
I want this tab to open when I press a button to adjust the cbg

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 5:49 am
skin_panel 'scratchmixer' on

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 7:27 am
Thanks! I have tryed a lot of verbs but didnt found the right one.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 11:02 am

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 12:27 pm
Wow! I have missed the picker. Now it will be very easy. Thanks!!!!

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 5:56 pm