Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: from desktop to laptop
Hello guys

I use vdj at home on a windows desktop, I do all my 'technical' jobs like adding new tracks, doing stems precalculation, inserting cue points etc.

then I transfer everything to a laptop to move around in clubs, in this case I do these operations:
1. export db from pc
2. I copy the folder with mp3 and vdjstems to the laptop
3. I copy the 'virtualdj' folder to the laptop (the one in the same drive where I have the mp3s)
4. from laptop, I import the db exported in point 1

surprise: tracks that on PC have already been analyzed (bpm and key) are to be analyzed on laptop ! despite the cue points being correctly transferred (see point 3 above)

it happens often that vdj doesnt detect the real starting beat point of a track, so i tune it manually... and i really wouldnt like to loose these data when transferring, it'd be a disaster...

why? is there anything i don't know?

thank you
nicola

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 8:40 pm
You can use something like Synchredible to automate the process and sync exactly the files you want. I do that using a Samsung SSD and no issues between machines.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 8:43 pm
oh i didnt know about, i'll give it a look

someone is suggesting me that it is possible to export all the db (mp3 and vdjstem included) directly from vdj, butat the moment i haven't figure it out precisely

thankyou!

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 4:35 pm