Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VST Sync Issues Before Beat Marker
I noticed an interesting issue affecting some time-based VST plugins (specifically A1 Trigger Gate). In the case of this particular plugin it seems to be rapidly glitching on its first internal beat, not letting any sound through due to it restarting so rapidly. This issue goes away after the track playing has passed the 'first-beat' marker.

I get that this is more so an issue with the plug-in not accounting for the possibility of what I assume are negative timing numbers that VirtualDJ is sending, and that I can fix this by adjusting the first beat of my tunes to be at the very beginning of the song. But I'm wondering if the folks behind VirtualDJ might consider adding a settings option to ensure the timing numbers sent to plugins are always positive? Or perhaps such a setting already exists?

While there is a workaround it feels like a bit of a pain to re-adjust all my beat markers, and having the marker on the first kick/drop is really handy data for syncing with visuals or other fun things that parse one's database.xml

Posted Tue 28 Jun 22 @ 1:17 am