Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CUE MIX alters Master volume Output on DECK 2
Hello there, fellow djs.

I have the following issue. I'm using a VMS2 with Virtual DJ 8.4, where now I'm using balanced output lines to my FLuid Audio C5 Powered Studio Monitors. In configuration I'm trying to use only VMS2 soundcard to each deck (1 and 2) and Headphones for Channel 1&2; 3&4. I'll leave a picture with the config bellow.

So the problem is the next one. CUE MIX and his GAIN controller affects Deck 2 when I want to PFL to my Headphones or to make it sound on Master.

I can only controll Deck's 2 volume with CUE MIX set to MASTER and the GAIN controller with a bit of volume. Fader on Deck 2 does nothing to Master volume. If CUE MIX is set to CUE and I press CUE on Deck 2 it's goes to Master aswell, even if my Fader on Deck 2 is set to minimu level. This is regardless of I'm playing or not on Deck 1.

I'm thinking that it's just a controller configuration, but I can't seem to find it where I can PFL correctly on both Decks. The only option that's been working for me it's to connect headphones directly to my computer and PFL from my Laptop Soundcard (Realtek), but I can't hear as loud and clear as would if I where connected to my VMS2 (which I obviously need to). Can I use my VMS2 soundcard for both issues? To Master volumen and Headphones? If not, what options do I have to keep using balanced lines from my controller and to PFL correctly? Should I buy a small mixer to connect RCA cables to it from my laptop? Or is it better an Active/Passive box?

Any ideas or suggestions are well recieved.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers!

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 2:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 2:55 pm
Adion wrote :
You should not have both deck 1/deck 2 and master/headphones outputs on the same channels.
Here is the correct setup for the VMS2:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms2/installation.html

Hi Adion,

Thanks for the reply. My settings looks like this right now, but I'm having issues to use my headphones through out the VMS2, I'm getting a Videocard error couldn't initialize. I'm running windows 11 with VDJ 8.5 build 6978.

What causes this? In some other configs, I can use it properly, but when I want to hear CUE it doesn't work.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 22 @ 7:37 pm
EL.CHACARRON wrote :
Adion wrote :
You should not have both deck 1/deck 2 and master/headphones outputs on the same channels.
Here is the correct setup for the VMS2:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms2/installation.html

Hi Adion,

Thanks for the reply. My settings looks like this right now, but I'm having issues to use my headphones through out the VMS2, I'm getting a Videocard error couldn't initialize. I'm running windows 11 with VDJ 8.5 build 6978.

What causes this? In some other configs, I can use it properly, but when I want to hear CUE it doesn't work.

Like this, sorry

Posted Sun 19 Jun 22 @ 7:39 pm
I meant soundcard before, not video jaja

Posted Sun 19 Jun 22 @ 8:01 pm