Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Songs edited with Track Cleaner are now, "vdjedit" in the title but will not be exported as the SONG onto a thumb drive.
Most of us clean a song or two with Track Cleaner to remove something. When that CLEANED song becomes part of your song library it is now a "vdjedit" version, not mp3. When you export that playlist, cleaned songs and all, the cleaned songs with "vdjedit" in the title are not exported. Once in the new laptop the song will not load saying, File Not Found. Any guesses as to why the CLEANED song is not exported ?

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 8:37 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
It should play in VDJ on any machine, No?

the vdjedit will not play outside VDJ, as far as I am aware.

If I had to guess, I'd say its not really an edit as much as a vesrion with VDJ cues & codes & "commands", for lack of a better term, and it requires VDJ to decode.

Just my laymans thoughts.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 9:19 pm
(Solved) What I would do. I'm not sure how many edits you have, but you could always use VDJ to record. Play back every song you edited through automix and End recording. Next Chop suey the lomg track into individual tracks through an audio editing program. Finally Relabele every new .mp3

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 11:41 pm
i believe the vdjedit file is just a text file telling VDJ how to play the MP3 file so if the mp3 didn't get transferred to the thumb drive it won't play

sounds like this is probably a bug where it should send both files but is not???

Posted Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 12:49 am