Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: silence no matter what is happening at that moment, and after that lost connection to the shoves, and the only way to continue playing the gig without an interruption is to switch to Automix.
Here's the (chronic) problem I encounter every now and then:
I play with an oldschool (but still good functioning) Hercules mk4 controller, which I connect to several kinds of external mixing desks when playing, depending on where and what (a gig at a bar or party or any occasion). Often this is a typical Rodec or so. And this is then my config: (see below)
For some minutes but mostly hours, things go very well. Sound fine, mixing fine. But then suddenly I get a silence no matter what is happening at that moment, and after that I seem to have lost connection to the shoves, and the only way to continue playing the gig without an interruption is to switch to Automix. This does work but is annoying and limits my options obviously.
What might be done to avoid this, as I'm really sick of it, aside the short embarrasment of unexpected silence.
I have an Asus laptop of few years back, with Intel i7-5500U CPU, 2.40GHz , 8Gb RAM. and a Virtual DJ Pro Infinity license, v8.5-64 b6921.
Your worthfull help would be exptremely appreciated.

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 3:16 pm
Have you tried to reboot your controller ?
Does that bring back normal functionality ?
If yes, try to replace your USB cable for starters

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 5:29 pm