Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Add Audio Effects to Microphone Input with Home Plus licence for Mixtrack Platinum Fx
DjHeethsControlleristMember since 2020
Hi Experts,
I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro Platinum fx controller which supports 4 decks. I also have VirtualDJ 2020 Home PLUS License for my controller. I use microphone as an input to my controller. If I choose reverb, echo on the virtual DJ software it adds effect to the track. My requirement is to add reverb, echo and other types of effects only to microphone inputs and not to the track. How that can be achieved? Attached is my current configuration.

Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 12:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sadly can't be done. Hardware limitation
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/platinumfx/layout/frontrear.html

manual wrote :
* Note : The Microphone Input is directly routed to the Master Output of the Mixtrack Platinum FX. The input is not available in the USB Audio Interface, therefore it cannot be included in the Audio Setup nor can be recorded directly. However, recording your mix along with the Microphone Input is possible via Record LoopBack

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 12:56 am
If you've got another audio interface with a mic input, you can route your mic into VDJ via that, and apply FX to it.

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 4:48 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not sure homeplus audio config would allow it, it might, I'm honestly not sure.

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 4:53 pm
The config pic he posted shows inputs on the right, which don't necessarily come from the controller. A mic or line input could come from the computer's onboard audio or (I'd assume) another audio interface.

There's no harm in him trying anyway, if he's got suitable hardware.

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 9:03 pm