Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PUZZLED- MIDI Mapping suddenly stops working for seemingly no reason.
I have an Ableton Push (gen1), and a long while back I set up a custom mapping so that I could control EQ+FX from the board. After a month or two of not using the program, I went back and now the program wont respond at all despite working the last time I used it. I have made no changes, and have even attempted restarting the map from scratch and it still doesn't work.
I even went as far as taking the map file and moving it onto my laptop's install of VDJ (which is even a different revision of the software) and I am getting the exact same outcome. Really confused, especially considering how often/easily I used it before I took a break with the stuff.
Any help would be really appreciated, trying to play a set tonight and it would suck to be without EQ controls!

Posted Wed 04 May 22 @ 6:16 pm
To clarify, the program wont respond to the Push input. I see it in the custom mapping window registering all of the MIDI information the Push is sending, and I see that it is all "coded" properly into the mapping window. My numark board works fine, and the program works fine in general other than this one thing.

Posted Wed 04 May 22 @ 6:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you provide a screenshot of the MAPPING tab of VirtualDJ Settings, showing the Key registered when moved/pushed (displayed in Key Learn window) and the action assigned to it ?

EDIT: Oh i see. It seems that your Pro subscription is inactive (Ended on February 22 2022), so you cant use any Midi controllers (native or custom). If there is an issue with your license, started a new, something went wrong with charging etc, please contact Support.

Posted Wed 04 May 22 @ 7:04 pm
You're a god, thank you <3

I assumed it would still work for the 20m trial thingy, but hadn't considered that it wouldn't. Now that I subbed again it's all working fine !

Posted Wed 04 May 22 @ 7:25 pm