Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to setup autocrossfade button
I'm using the VDJ Pro skin and I'd like to create a button that does autocrossfade and uses the automix settings 'fadeLength' variable, that shows up in options as well as through the skin in the automix dropdown.

I tried this to go to deck 1:
auto_crossfade fadeLength 0%

but it doesn't seem to pick up that parameter, not sure how this works, help!?

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 4:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
set 'fadeVar' `setting fadelength & param_multiply 1000` & get_var fadeVar & param_cast 'ms' & auto_crossfade

create a variable that is set to fadelength multiplied by 1000 [as the setting is expressed as seconds and auto_crossfade wants ms] then get that variable and cast it as time in ms to the auto_crossfade script

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 6:44 am
Thank you LOCODOG that's right on track of what I'm trying to achieve!

It works well on a single button. I was also trying to get this to work with Keyboard mappings LEFT and RIGHT and I tried adding 0% and 100% at the end:

LEFT:
set 'fadeVar' `setting fadelength & param_multiply 1000` & get_var fadeVar & param_cast 'ms' & auto_crossfade 0%

this seems to work with moving to each deck, but the fadelength setting is lost when I change it. I guess I'm curious as to what the syntax is here to add parameters to the end of commands in scripts?
Also, do you know how I might edit the skin's default options list?

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 3:54 pm
Yeah auto_crossfade for params it expects
time then %
in that order, your cast is sending
% time

I was almost going to give you a rsi script fix it, but after a poke around with auto_crossfade it will follow masterdeck

going left
set '$fadeVar' `setting fadelength & param_multiply 1000` & deck 1 masterdeck & get_var $fadeVar & param_cast 'ms' & auto_crossfade & masterdeck_auto on

going right
set '$fadeVar' `setting fadelength & param_multiply 1000` & deck 2 masterdeck & get_var $fadeVar & param_cast 'ms' & auto_crossfade & masterdeck_auto on

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 8:13 pm
user25245371 wrote :
...edit the skin's default options list

What do you mean?

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 8:15 pm
Thank you, that works! I'm basically trying to mimic some of the UI/UX from DjayPro which is where I'm coming from.

With regards to the fadeLength options in the skin I mean change the 'Automix Length' dropdown which has 0,1,2,4,8,16s to maybe add 30 and 60s.

Ultimately I'd love to try and edit this skin to better adjust to my use cases.

Another random question I'm struggling with is setting the rating for songs. I'd like to do 'rating 5' for a track with the keyboard/button mapping, but I can't find the command for that either.

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 9:14 pm
I can see your pic [home license users posts with links are raise automatically]
that dropdown can't be edited
there are other ways

you could add to the skin.
you could custom button
you could virtualfx [if you're windows]

or you could do this [it gives you 15 seconds to type in a value]

set '$fadeVar' 0 & set_var_dialog '$fadeVar' 'add a time in seconds' & repeat_start 'sendToSet' 100ms 150 & var '$fadeVar' 0 ? : get_var '$fadeVar' & param_cast 'integer' & setting 'fadeLength' & repeat_stop 'sendToSet'

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 10:22 pm
as for rating, try look up the script definition for

browsed_song
or
loaded_song

Posted Tue 05 Apr 22 @ 10:24 pm
Thanks LOCODOG. I'm trying to use these buttons in conjunction with Automix and that seems to make it tricky. What I have now is:

RIGHT: set '$fadeVar' `setting fadelength & param_multiply 1000` & deck 2 masterdeck & deck 2 play & get_var $fadeVar & param_cast 'ms' & auto_crossfade & masterdeck_auto on

So I added Deck 2 to start playing as it fades over.

Issue is sometimes I'll use this button to mix in between to the next track. But then the new track is running on Deck 2 and Deck 1 is still running and on automix. When Deck 1 reaches the end it restarts Deck 2's song playing, the cross fader does a little dance to 50% and then back to 100%.

The behavior I'm seeking is that after i press RIGHT and the track on Deck 2 is playing, that it'll setup for automixing to the next track, which should immediately load up on Deck 1. does that make sense?

or perhaps I'm not using automix correctly?

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 7:22 am
you could have said you were in automix, saved us both some pain,
you want
mix_now

one button, also mix_now uses
setting automixskipLength

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 7:50 am
I'm trying to use the same button both with automix on and off. When it's on I see there are available
mix_now
automix_skip
mix_and_load_next

Just not sure how to set it up to use the automixskipLength you are naming, was trying this:

set '$fadeVar' `setting automixskipLength & param_multiply 1000` & get_var $fadeVar & param_cast 'ms' & mix_now

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 8:08 am
it automix you don't need to do anything with it, just
mix_now

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 8:10 am
when I use mix_now it seems to be taking the automixskipLength and not what's setup in the skin as the fadeLength

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 8:15 am
user25245371 wrote :
when I use mix_now it seems to be taking the automixskipLength and not what's setup in the skin as the fadeLength

Yes that is correct, and beware that one is in beats and other is in seconds.

And if you use:

mix_now 4000ms

as your button script, then when:

automix is OFF: will move the crossfader from one side to other in 4 seconds

automix is ON: will move the crossfader according to the 8 automix settings in options (see automix catagory in options)

----------
Also Note: for the crossfader to move as expected, the rightcross and leftcross have to be set for the decks.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 8:31 am
I still can't seem to get it to work. What I'd like is for when using Automix and any of the mixnow commands, for it to use the length specified in the dropdown Automix Length menu. Is there a way to do that?

Posted Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 12:40 am
param_multiply "param_multiply 'setting fadeLength' 'get_constant 60 & param_1_x'" "deck master get_bpm" & param_cast & setting automixSkipLength & mix_now

use that as your mix now button

Posted Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 2:50 am
that's it! sos un maestro LocoDog!
Thank you so much.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 11:24 pm