Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: shader and camera in video
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Can I put the camera in front of another element? some guy on youtube demonstrated but it didn't work for me .Can someone link to the instsructions?

Posted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 8:00 pm
You can use chromakey (aka green screen) to display graphic elements behind you - but the chromakey in VDJ is not very good compared to i.e. Resolume.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 10:23 pm

Posted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 10:42 pm
I made that video :)
Here is one that is more specifically showing the cam on top of shader with chroma key

Let me know if you still can't get it to work

Posted Thu 24 Mar 22 @ 6:13 am
groovindj wrote :
You can use chromakey (aka green screen) to display graphic elements behind you - but the chromakey in VDJ is not very good compared to i.e. Resolume.

For real greenscreen I agree with you. The lighting and so on needs to be pretty much perfect for the result to be good
For artificial greenscreen like in the video above, where all the green is a computer generated single specific green color, I don't think it matters much which chromakey function is used...

Posted Thu 24 Mar 22 @ 6:22 am
Hi Klaus, I just tested Chromacam and it's not working for me !!
During installation, chromacam reports "Your PC is too slow", can this be ?
My PC is an i5 3Ghz with 16GB RAM WIN10 64bit NVIDIA GeForce GT710 !

Posted Thu 24 Mar 22 @ 3:17 pm
HI Klaus- first of all, I am using Bcaster GFX so when I turn on the camera is doesnt appear at all unless I assign it in the pads - so they do not overlap at all. Also, the camera controls do not seem to respond so I cannot reduce the position etc.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 22 @ 3:59 pm