Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: opening port 8000 failed toopen
Divoc91PRO InfinityMember since 2017
tried to open it yesterday via the link found here at broadcast. did not open, also tried in the firewall, afterwards can stream p livesets via server of vdj, later want to go to hearthis and not get on because port 8080 did not go for heartis, el more than 1000 streamingen done on it and this was the first time , ,
so i set the port as 80 and then the streaming starts but in vdj broadcast on the server, i set the port on 8080 i don't get into heartis their server, we looked at heartthis and the person, staff told me that this was unique and that they went to look further, here's my question, anyone have any ideas

Posted Thu 17 Mar 22 @ 2:36 pm

Posted Thu 17 Mar 22 @ 5:15 pm

Posted Thu 17 Mar 22 @ 5:16 pm
hello i still haven't found a way to open gate 8000, even now i can not get through gate 8080 for hearthis.at and since 2 days even on livesets.com i am not able to broadcast, this is really weird, and also on 2 darts sides i can not use my cam to play and all this in one week, not something that is normal , please help me out

Posted Sat 26 Mar 22 @ 11:01 pm
It can be tricky sometimes.
But you can always easily broadcast TO a server, instead of your computer being the server.
That way you dont have to worry about anything. And usually its instantly working, since its outwards traffic

See here:
https://virtualdj.com/wiki/broadcast%20to%20a%20radio.html

Posted Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 1:21 pm
From what I can find (although by no means was it an exhaustive internet search), mdbs_daemon is related to a Microsoft or Squid proxy. Is it possible this server is configured (or misconfigured, as the case may be) to connect out via a proxy? I can't think of anything off of the top of my head that might occur every 30 minutes except for possibly a client heartbeat, or a scheduled hourly LiveUpdate that has a retry interval of 30 minutes.

mdbs_deamon i found on port800
divoc91

Posted Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 9:36 pm
YOU are the server. With this type of broadcast.
Thats why YOU have to open port, so users can connect to YOUR computer.
VirtualDJ website only shows a player for listeners to connect to you. So you have an easy web address to share.

And for others to connect to your computer, might require some firewall port forward etc.

Thats why I posted the alternative way, to broadcast TO a server instead, something that is pretty much "plug & play".. .Start broadcast (with the severs broadcast settings), and you are good go to
https://virtualdj.com/wiki/broadcast%20to%20a%20radio.html

Posted Sun 27 Mar 22 @ 10:07 pm
ok that works now to a server, thx

Posted Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 2:06 am