Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mic Talkover volume setting?
gotkeyzHome userMember since 2022
Hi all, so I've set a hotkey to engage mic_talkover and it works and my mic goes live but cant figure out how to increase the volume. When hit it drops music down to 30% but its way to low while broadcasting. Mic volume is also low but not as bad. Would like to bring mic_talkover up to at least 40% I'm thinking. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 6:59 am
You can specify amount you want..
mic_talkover 40%

And you can set it to only be while you hold the button down
mic_talkover 40% while_pressed

and even set fade time
mic_talkover 40% 1000ms 

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 8:46 am
For the mic volume (you said its ok), if you want to adjust that, it depends on what type of mic and connection. But you can adjust the volume of it.

For computer connected mic, there is a mic volume knob in the "Master" panel in the skin.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 8:48 am
Rune thanks for responding! I couldn't find that in settings. I went through all options but never found that under audio or anywhere I searched. Going t6o go dig around again.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 9:36 am
I have the free version for now... maybe not able to be adjusted with free??

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 9:37 am
Typed in mic under options and don't see it there. I took a screenshot but can't post here it seems.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 9:57 am
user25100107 wrote :
Typed in mic under options and don't see it there. I took a screenshot but can't post here it seems.

Where is your mic connected? Directly to computer, to a controller (if so which controller), or a mixer?

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 9:59 am

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 10:00 am
It's a Snowball Mic plugged into usb. When I added it I added it by clicking microphone and it found it and recognized it. My layout doesnt show mic volume at all. I did try to change the layouts but none of them show mic volume.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 11:22 am

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 11:27 am
Ok Rune thank you for your patience with me lol. Was on starter skin, switched to essentials and can now see the tabs and mic volume and the other options. This is really big thank you very much... I can work with this. Still can't see the area to adjust the talkover setting though so that a bit of a bummer but tested it out and its not so bad if I keep comments short lol. Also upped windows setting per your advice... thanks for all the info.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 11:38 am
user25100107 wrote :
Hi all, so I've set a hotkey to engage mic_talkover and it works!

user25100107 wrote :
Still can't see the area to adjust the talkover setting.

You just change the hotkey action.. instead of just mic_talkover, you can use mic_talkover 40% .. . etc

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 12:40 pm
Ah got it.. I didn't realize I could change it in the mapping area. Worked like a charm thanks so much :)

Posted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 10:40 pm

Posted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 11:28 pm
So your name is Parov Stelar, is it?

Posted Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 8:40 pm