Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-1000Srt crackling sound on output
I just bought a brand new DDJ-1000srt and whenever I do anything like use the cross fader or scratch or even listen to playback after I record a set, I hear crackling. I tried to see if was my PC by testing it out on serato but the sound was crystal clear. Any suggestions because I prefer using VDJ

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 3:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So the crackling sound is only in the recorded file ? You dont have any sound issue during your live set ?

If so, what filetype are you recording ?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 8:02 am
It is happening on my live set as well. For the recordings I use mp3. When I record on my DDJ-SB3, I have no issues live or recorded.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 2:41 pm
Have you tried to increase latency on ASIO drivers ?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 5:27 pm
Hello!
I've found that the sound more or less crackles in every audio sw in Windows 10. This is probably a windows problem. The only thing that helped was to reduce the volume in each sw. In the case of VDJ, the volume of both the "Master" and the headphones must be halved on the "Master" panel. The problem is completely gone.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 7:38 am
I never experienced any issues like that when I used Windows 10. I'm on 11 now and that's fine too.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 5:09 pm
If on Windows, using Pioneer asio drivers, open the Pioneer driver utility settings and set buffer (latency) to 245 or 512 (even 1024 is needed).

If on mac, do same, but inside VirtualDJ. In options, search for "latency", and use same values as above.
See if that fixes it for you

Crackles / distortions are usually due to the audio buffer running dry

Posted Mon 28 Mar 22 @ 9:33 pm

Posted Tue 29 Mar 22 @ 1:14 pm

Posted Tue 29 Mar 22 @ 1:28 pm

Posted Tue 29 Mar 22 @ 2:02 pm