Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Multiple sets of POIs
I tried to search the forum but cannot find an answer. I am using POIs now for the usual stuff (mix in and out), but I also use them to do some special mixes or remixes. In the second case, I often add POIs that I do not want normally or automated actions such as finger drumming points or scripts/actions goto, loop, stop, volume, effects and others.
Now I do not want to lose them, but I am looking for a way how to disable them for situations where I want to play the song "the usual way" in a set. Is there a way to do it, apart from the obvious option of having several copies of the same song? Or maybe I am abusing POIs for things that I should use some other feature?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 9:34 pm
You can do what I do:

Map a custom button as
deck all toggle 'ExecMacro'

Now "remap" your action POIs as per the following example:
var_equal 'ExecMacro' 1 ? goto_cue 3

This way if you don't use the button that you mapped above to "enable" the POIs (set the variable to 1) they will not execute.

PS: Personally I use local (per deck) variables as in the example I gave you. This way I can control each deck indecently since I have remapped a button in my controller as
toggle 'ExecMacro'

You could achieve the same results with a global variable (like '$ExecMacro') but I think the "per deck" solution is future proof.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 12:29 am
Great tip, makes sense, thanks.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 2:50 pm