Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crash when broadcast length == 2hr mark
I have experienced a crash (no crashguard restart), two weeks in a row (today [Friday, Dec 31st, 2021] and last week [Friday, Dec 24, 2021]), when I was broadcasting to a shoutcast server (radio.go address) and the broadcast got to the 2hr mark.
More details about what I was doing:
- Friday, Dec 24, 2021, I was broadcasting to the shoutcast server and recording the audio to a file
- Friday, Dec 31st, 2021, I did not record to a file, so that gives reason to believe the problem is not the combination, just the broadcast
- Both times I was playing audio + video viles, and had shadertoy visualizations running for audio files.
This is because I am routing the video out + analog audio out from my mixer to a second machine running OBS Studio, and broadcasting that to Twitch
- The broadcast timeslot I have for the radio server is from 12 PM to 2 PM EST (I think the airspace is filled after my timeslot with a playlist of music, so no one else is trying to broadcast at the same time)
There is never a problem connecting or during the 2hr duration, only when the 2hr mark is reached.
- I do not use the broadcast function in between these weekly shows...the application never crashes on me otherwise
- Machine: M1 MacBook Pro (1TB SSD, 16 GB RAM)

Posted Fri 31 Dec 21 @ 7:32 pm
So I've run into this problem again on a broadcast I did yesterday (exactly at the 2pm mark, at the end of my show).
I talked with the owner of the station, and it seems that he has an advertisement ready to cut in from the 2pm mark (which is the end of my show). I'm wondering if that is causing VDJ to crash, when it finds that it is no longer allowed to send data to the station.

BTW I would say my laptop specs should be good enough to run the software without problems - M1 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM). All I am doing is running VDJ on this laptop, while occasionally playing videos....I'm also streaming to twitch, but I am taking the audio feed from the Pioneer DJM-S9/video feed directly from the MacBook and streaming it via OBS on an external laptop. The software has never crashed on me otherwise, only when I am broadcasting and the end condition described above is met.

Posted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 8:44 pm

Posted Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 11:23 am