Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sync hold
MC242PRO InfinityMember since 2017
I know real DJs don't use the Sync button. I do though. :D And I have one important wish.
Coming from Rekordbox this is the one feature I'm missing the most in VDJ.
When I press Sync on one deck and I change the tempo on the master deck that the other deck in synced to, the synced deck always stays at the same tempo.
Currently in VDJ I always have to press the Sync button again and again, so a continuous tempo change in sync is not possible. Can you please make this possible in VDJ?
Or does it already work and I'm missing something?

Cheers!

Posted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 12:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It already does when you have autoPitchLock enabled

Posted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 5:25 am
Thank you very much, ADION! Works like a charm now I have activated it. Didn't know about this function.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 1:37 am
After using this quite a while I must say I like it, but still not as much as I do in. Rekordbox. Because. it is always activated. In Rekordbox this feature is. only. activated when the Sync button is pressed.
Could you please. change this, dear VDJ team?

Posted Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 7:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So a button that makes all other decks sync to the deck you're calling from, as a one off event?

2 decks ? or you want more?

Posted Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 11:05 pm
You can map/remap a button to turn on/off automatic pitch lock.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 1:52 pm
Thank you for your answers. Yes, I guess a Midi button to turn on/off sync hold would be good. Still the behavior is different. But I think I will map a button. When I say it is different I mean the following:
In RB when you load a track it is in its original tempo. First when you press the sync button it get's synced and gets the tempo of the master track.
In VDJ when you load a track while Sync hold is on the newly loaded track is already in the tempo of the former (master) track. That's a bit irritating.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 8:42 pm
You need to sort out your settings.
Turn off "autoBPMMatch", and toggle "autoPitchLock" on/off when you need it.
With autoBPMMatch = off and autoPitchLock =on, the track you load won't automatically sync with the other deck and it's tempo slider won't affect both decks (no lock)
However if you press "sync" button (or sync the two tracks manually) then the pitch slider will start controlling both decks.

Finally: In VirtualDJ, "sync" is an action. In RB it's a "state"
The two programs treat sync quite differenty. That's why you can't make them both work exaclty the same.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 10:33 pm
Thank you very much, PHANTOMDEEJAY. You are always so helpful! I will try that and see how far I come. Considering your last sentence, yes that's my main problem here I guess. And it seems I have to accept it. Anyway, I think I already have a good workaround now. :)

Posted Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 9:02 pm
have you see this awesome video of Klaus Mogensen explaining VDJs 5 levels of sync

Posted Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 9:30 pm
VERY INTERESTING! THANK YOU!!

Posted Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 11:21 pm