Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: effect_disable_all, causes ColorFX to not work
Hi all,

The idea was if one had many effects active, one could remove them all at once with the change in the track... I found the script "effect_disable_all"

the script: effect_disable_all
wiki wrote :
effect_disable_all : 'deck 1 effect_disable_all' Disables all effects on deck 1. 'deck master effect_disable_all' Disables all master effects

and created the custom button:
deck 1 effect_disable_all &  deck 2 effect_disable_all & deck 3 effect_disable_all &  deck 4 effect_disable_all 

It works well, stopping all Slot FX and ColorFX effects.

After it is run Slot FX can once again be activated in all the usual ways..

but ColorFX from the software's knobs and/or DJ Controller knobs does NOT turn on the ColorFX effect. (ColorFX effects can still be called with a script, for example: effect_colorfx 1 'loop roll')
Turning the knobs produces no effect on the audio.

And cannot find a script: effect_enable , OR something, to undo the effect_disable_all on the ColorFX effects.

The only way I have found to get the ColorFX knobs to work, is to restart VDJ. (not ideal)
How can one use ColorFX after the running the, effect_disable_all, script?

Can someone reproduce this?

----------------------------
tested using the VDJ default Pro Skin
Win 10
Version: 6781

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 5:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
filter_activate

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 5:57 pm
Thank you Adion

I would never have found that from its description.. would need the word "color" in it for me try it :)

filter_activate : mute/unmute the resonant filter effect.

Again thank you ! !

Posted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 6:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes should indeed be added to the description. It uses the filter scripts to be compatible with older skins and mappings when the filter knob could only filter.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 21 @ 3:13 am