Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Copy Database or "Smart Database"
I have two external hard drives, one for work and one for backup that i leave at home.
when I download new music and videos I transfer everything to my backup hard drive first and then use "FreeFIleSync" to do a exact copy (excluding some folder) to my work hard drive...

Is there a way to copy the database from specific files and folders between drives?

I have hotcues, Bpm, colors and ratings on a specific folder on my backup that are not showing on my work drive... and I dont want to do all over again

Posted Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 1:19 am
With your current workflow that's not easy I'm afraid.
You have 2 options actually:
1) Copy the entire database from one drive to another. Unfortunately you will loose all database information on the destination drive that may be different from parent drive. And since you copy from backup to main, the main drive database is most current/updated usually (with play counts, last played dates e.t.c.)
2) When you copy files from one drive to another through VirtualDJ browser the program updates the database on the destination drive automatically and keeps everything up to date.
However this means that you have to do the sync between the drives manually and not via Free File Sync (great program BTW). So you need to track the new tracks manually and copy them "manually" to the destination drive.

A different approach would be (I guess) to do everything on main drive first, then copy/sync to backup drive. This way I think that you could just copy the database from main to backup drive along with the files and not loose any valuable information.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 21 @ 10:16 am