Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: My Version 6732 works great. Should I update to 6747 and beyond? Please advise.
I have spent a lot more time using VDJ21 with the Pro Skin and My Denon MC4000 controller. I used it at a 4 hour wedding without any issues and I am loving all the features.

I currently have version 6732. I have created a restore point on my new Lenovo Laptop and I have backed up the database and settings file. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Should I always update to the most current version? Is there a post somewhere that tells us what is new in each update?

I am old school, if it isn't broke I don't want to mess with it. lol

Can a few of the programmers and techies please chime in? I also plan to permanently turn off my windows update. This computer will never be connected to the internet going forward.

Thanks! Chris

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 6:30 pm

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 8:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also, unless you also don't plan to ever put new music on the machine, you will need to plug some usb sticks or usb hard drive in it, and there is some small chance that this could introduce some virus.
So it is probably better to plan windows and perhaps virtualdj updates now and then. (just do them when you have time to test everything and not right before a show)

Posted Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 5:50 am
Thank you!

Seeing what was new in 6747 - (All Mac related) I am going to stick with what is working great now.

I download all my Music from Promo only to a dedicated Thumb drive then copy the songs to this new machine. I had done the same with my previous primary laptop and never had any issues.

My biggest concern is now with Windows 10 Home 64 you can not permanently disable automatic windows update. Thanks. C

Posted Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 7:24 pm
You can disable them but it's a bit of work. You need to do a few things but once done you'll never be bothered with them again.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 21 @ 9:19 pm