Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Friday night Freeze Again!!
Latest update of VDJ b6677 ASUS Q551l Intel core i7 12gb RAM 2TB SSD Nvidia Geforce 840m graphics, playing through a Numark NV firmware version 1.06 WASAPI audio drivers (according to set up). Running automix, 2 1/2 hours into a 4 hour set VDJ stops mid song wont respond to controller or mouse, get the windows close or wait. Close VDJ, restart computer, Restart VDJ.. runs for 45 minutes happens again Stops mid song, wont respond to controller or mouse, trying to close VDJ get the windows wait or close. Close Restart machine, Restart VDJ was able to finish up the night. I checked the numark site and there is a firmware update to 1.07 available for the NV, question is should I update the firmware and retest? Or should I go back a version on VDJ? It strikes me like a app crash issue as opposed to a hardware issue, does VDJ write any of this crash data to a log that I can access? Should I submit a ticket to support? HELPP!

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 7:10 pm
Upgraded the firmware for the NV, and tested...3 hours and 10 minutes and it stopped mid song and stopped responding to the NV, but the mouse continued to work, but hitting play just causes the wave form to vibrate and the song doesn't play, this is really frustrating, closed VDJ and reopened. Now it is not seeing the controller. Going to try a reboot and see if everything come back.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 9:52 pm
derwoodski wrote :
hitting play just causes the wave form to vibrate and the song doesn't play

Changes are that it's an audio interface issue, so that would be your NV.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 10:12 pm
groovindj wrote :
derwoodski wrote :
hitting play just causes the wave form to vibrate and the song doesn't play

Changes are that it's an audio interface issue, so that would be your NV.

The stoppage today was a little different than last night today I was still able to actually close VDJ manually which I couldn't do last night. BTW I was able to find the App hang errors in the windows event viewer and track down the logs, if anyone actually understands them. Should I test VDJ without the controller? It has been messing up with the controller connected. My whole rig is centered around this controller, It would be a major PIA to replace. It is only 6 years old.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 10:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since you used the NV through WASAPI, did you try to use ASIO instead?

Posted Sun 10 Oct 21 @ 7:23 am
didn't know I could, how do I set that up?

Posted Sun 10 Oct 21 @ 2:55 pm
I narrowed the problem down to the only thing that had changed in my setup before it started Freezing up. The only change I had made was the Version b6677 update to VDJ on 10/1. On 9/3, 9/10, and 9/17 I played 4 hour sets without any freeze ups so I rolled back to b6541, that froze up. Reloaded and retested. I have landed on version 6613, 6 hours and counting now with no freeze ups!

Posted Mon 11 Oct 21 @ 3:33 pm