Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [solved]File Access Denied upon startup
So, I had version 3264 on my previous laptop and never bothered upgrading cause I simply never felt the need to, worked perfectly & the only possibility was something screwing up

Ended up getting a new laptop and downloaded VDJ, got the most recent version and assumed there'd be no issues. I'm glad I never upgraded before now. Upon startup, I get this:
https://gyazo.com/18512575607999da9e237959a4626e32

VDJ's folder & the VDJ Documents folder both have full permissions. I checked the downloading file and it has full permissions. As evidenced by my coming on here, I've got internet. I added firewall exceptions to make sure VDJ was allowed in the minute chance that could be it

I realize Windows 10 has an issue with letting people use their computer cause Microsoft knows best, so can't even be sure if it's a comp issue or what, which just makes it more frustrating

Any help?

I also tried simply hitting Cancel, and it still let me use VDJ. Even did the logging thing which was new for me too then tested by making a quick automix. Closed it and reopened and the automix was cleared, unsaved. So thinking this Downloading File issue is either supremely important or related to automix not saving?

Tried Mixxx and while It will work, it's not as user friendly for how I play, so would very much prefer to stick with VDJ

Windows 10 Pro by the way

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 4:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
open the installer as admin

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 5:09 pm

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 5:16 pm
do you have an administrative account on the computer?

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 5:19 pm
Maybe? I don't get any prompt for logging out or swapping accounts when logging in or when Restarting/Shutting Down though

When I got the comp, it went through the opening installation or whatever when I first started, so as far I know, I'm the lone account on this laptop (and nobody else uses it)

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 5:23 pm
UPDATE!

Uninstalled & reinstalled anyway, opting to let it install to the default directory with no customizing the folder name. Ran as Admin and everything works normal again

Thanks for the help both of you as your prodding is what led me to try the reinstall, even if that maybe should have been kinda obvious to try?

Seems all good now though, thank you so much ♥

Posted Sat 09 Oct 21 @ 5:31 pm