Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: songs skipping
only started happening over last few months , i have MacBook pro and run a pioneer sz after about hour or so of playing the right turntable starts skipping and hiccuping , the cpu monitor stays low no red light it happens more if wifi is turned on it didn't used to because i ran the music subscription from here all night long , I've cleaned up mac a lot aswell deleted loads stuff dont need so down to bare minimum on laptop which are virtual dj and couple folders of essential music the rest i run off hard drive , any one have similar problems or know a solution would really help thank you :)
its embarrassing when doing a gig and all sudden it starts skipping i need to get this sorted

Posted Sat 25 Sep 21 @ 5:08 pm
Hi live from Stage. Wer have the Same Problem.
But Windows 10
Denon MC 7000 (Testet on two different)
No Error logs.
Same Problem If Switching to Laptop 2.

Actually WE are at a Weddingparty ans hopping, that WE Cam Bring the Show to the Ende.

Last Chance, Turmes stems Off.
Wer pray....

Posted Sat 25 Sep 21 @ 6:21 pm
I've had skipping/glitches in a couple of cases and I was able to solve both. Maybe this will give you some ideas where to look.

When running my laptop on battery power with my Starlight controller, touching the touch-sensitive jog wheel on the right side would make it skip. This is some kind of grounding issue. It seemed to be worse if I was on a stool rather than standing. Plugging the laptop into a grounded outlet solved that problem.

I mapped the filter knob to activate a stem if I held the shift key down. So I would use shift to turn the knob up and then later a slight vibration would cause the knob to transmit a high value to the filter. I stopped using the stem control on the filter knob. ; )

Posted Sun 26 Sep 21 @ 5:11 am
Cool I’ll try turning the stems off I
Never use that feature anyway

Posted Sun 26 Sep 21 @ 3:21 pm
When the track starts skipping please open VirtualDJ config, click on MAPPING icon on the left and then select Pioneer DDJ-SZ on the top left side of the window.
Then take a look on the right side of the window where all recent keys get displayed.
Check that this portion of the window does not display any keys that you don't actually use / touch at the moment.
If after you open this window you don't physically touch your controller at all, the window should stay empty.
If it doesn't then the controller is sending unwanted MIDI messages. Depending on the keys you see there, we can make some assumptions as to what's going wrong and if your controller may need to be serviced or not.

I'm talking about this section of the window:

Posted Sun 26 Sep 21 @ 8:54 pm
The End of the show...

stems turned off, WLAN OFF Bluetooth OFF.
Nothing helps.

At the Wedding Party we had about five Crashs. Ok, no Crash itself but at skippings ist is faster to restart DJ Controller and Virtual DJ than hpping that the stucking stops.

BTW. If the Song stucks, ist seems that a Mousemovment let the skipping increase.

It is verry hard to find the Problem itself, because its not clear how long everything works fine.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 2:00 pm