Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vdj closed unexpectedly and won't open
Hi
I was using vdj aon my mac pro s regular (I have a license), finished what I was doing and closed the computer, now after 1 hour trying to opening it back and a message appears that vdj vdj was unexpectedly quit while reopening and just can't open it again.
I already restarted my computer and tried to open it on all different ways and is not working
I would appreciate your help

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 12:03 am
Hi
i erased the app form my Mac, installed it again and still same problem, won't open the app saying that it was unexpectedly closed
any help?

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 2:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try the following ...
1. Remove (backup) the settings.xml file from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and restart VirtualDJ
(this will tell us if there is anything wrong with your settings file)
2. Rename the /Documents/VirtualDJ folder to a different name and re-install VirtualDJ.
(this will tell us if there is anything wrong with database or other files.

Let me know if any of the 2 helped.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 4:44 pm
Thanks brother, I'll try and let you know

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 11:29 pm
it worked! thanx

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 2:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
which one? settings or the whole vdj folder?

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 2:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If suggestion Nr.1 worked, we 'd like to send us the old settings.xml file you backed up or moved.
If suggestion Nr.2 worked, then we need to check which file was the "bad" one. In this case, try to one-by-one put files from the renamed VirtualDJ folder to the new one , starting with your database.xml and open VirtualDJ after each replacement.

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 3:00 pm