Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vocal Remover Stopped Working
I used the free version for creating acapellas and instrumentals for awhile, and I found it super easy to use. Always worked fine. Then I decided to buy the VDJ lifetime license for all controllers. Once I did that, and hooked it up to my Numark NS7ii, all of that stopped working.

I'm using Macbook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

What happens is that I can only use "advance eq mode" disabled. If I try to enable EZRemix or ModernEQ, it won't change. A few times i tried and I managed to get the "vocals" assigned to a knob, but it will have no effect when turned. Again, it was super easy and intuitive to use when I had the free version. Either something updated and changed, or the controller changed a bunch of settings, I can't figure it out after multiple google searches. So I'm finally here asking the community.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 9:59 pm
Since VirtualDJ build 6594, MAC OS X 10.14 or above is needed for stems separation.
So, you should upgrade your MAC OS at least at Mojave version (10.14) or use an older VirtualDJ build.
Assuming that your MAC is powerful enough to handle stems, you should not have any issues to upgrade even to latest version of MAC OS, Big Sur.
However if you want to stay on the "safe" side, upgrade to Catalina (last version of MAC OS X)

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 6:43 pm
This worked! Thanks man

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 8:40 pm