Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: channel issue on mixdeck quad
I've never had this issue, and I can't figure out what's happening or why. Hoping for some help. I'm using the mixdeck quad and it's configured properly. When I put a song in the right deck, it plays fine. But while I'm playing the song and I put a different song in the left deck, audio drops and i get only the right channel of audio. When I press play to cue up the song in the left deck, it comes through the main system . I have the crossfader slid to the right, channel volume down on the left deck and still audio through the main system. Any ideas or help?

Posted Sat 14 Aug 21 @ 4:11 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
sound like a pfl issue with stereo to mono splited audio
maybe a screenshot of "configured properly" audio setup and OS type may help to answer

Posted Sat 14 Aug 21 @ 4:37 am
Nicotux wrote :
sound like a pfl issue with stereo to mono splited audio
maybe a screenshot of "configured properly" audio setup and OS type may help to answer

It seems as you're correct. The PFL / what I'm hearing in the headphones seems to be what is coming through the mains. I've also tried resetting all settings to default in VDJ, but that doesn't help and it's only happening since this new update. Trying to figure out how to get a screenshot in here, Nicotux, but no joy. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 3:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Looks like the 2 stereo channels the Quad was supposed to offer are not properly separated.
One thing you can do is to goto Windows Sound and ..

1. Make sure the Mixdeck Quad is not the default sound card for playback (Windows tend to set as default a sound card when first plugged, so select your computer's built in instead)

2. The Quad sound card is set to 4 speakers (Quadrophonic)

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 5:43 pm