Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New Version Freezing
Played with the new version, opened up a few folders, opened up deezer folders… played for a few minutes and try to find a song, it’s then stuck on browsing , I now cannot search for a song, cannot open up any unopened folders. The deck spins fine, I can play songs that is already in the sidelist. Played for like 20 minutes and browsing doesn’t go away…. Cannot search for anything. Downgraded and everything worked fine after…..

Posted Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 5:59 pm
Did you get this resolved as it the same problem I had tonight

Posted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 12:14 am
No not resolved.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 8:47 am
It actually happened as well with the previous to new build. Experienced at my last gig. But after I closed and restarted once it worked fine for the rest of the night.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 8:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Don't use filedate as a browser field, use first seen instead.

filedate needs to be looked up with the operating system, [one file at a time, very slow compared to xml look up, especially slow when looking up 11k files]

I don't know why it is even an option in vdj, or why the database doesn't have a field for it [to speed things up]

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 8:57 am
Thanks for the tip. I’ll run some test to see if I can replicate what happened with using that field. I’ll then remove it. I’ll be a bit more confident if I know exactly what caused the prob.

While the browsing is there, no search can happen, no vdj crates will open up.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 9:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also try Early Access build 6604 ( https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html )
We have found a possible cause for the Browsing issue that is fixed in this build.

It is not likely that the file date column was the problem, although it could indeed make browsing a little bit slower.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 10:22 am
I decided to update and now after a few minutes I get the circle of death. Music still plays but I am unable to open folders and faders don’t move, as in the display itself has frozen. Did a force quit, restarted my machine and after about 20 minutes, it happened again.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 7:45 pm
Lucky i read this... i was starting to think my computer has been possessed

Posted Wed 18 Aug 21 @ 7:53 am
Adion, I used the early release at my last gig. I went nearly 50 minutes in and then it happened again, but it was different thus time. It lasted for 5 minutes the first time, then about 2 minutes. After that a few more times but lasted a couple seconds. Lucky I had tracks in my side list that kept me going while not able to browse. After a couple hours it stopped occuring for the rest of the night, strange. I'll be downgrading for tomorrow's gig.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 7:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it resolves after a minute then it's likely not the same bug.
If it does happen again, you can check the tooltip of the 'browsing' status message to get more detail on which folder it is stuck on.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 7:18 am
I’m doing a stress test right now with 200K plus tracks and the problem is not reoccurring.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 21 @ 12:35 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Adion wrote :
You can also try Early Access build 6604 ( https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html )
We have found a possible cause for the Browsing issue that is fixed in this build.

It is not likely that the file date column was the problem, although it could indeed make browsing a little bit slower.

so are you saying 6569 main release has a known issue?

Posted Fri 20 Aug 21 @ 12:07 am
I’m good to go now. With latest build knocked out a gig last night. Absolutely no issues and I do use nearly every feature of vdj over network and huge library.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 21 @ 6:39 am