Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ basically disconnecting from Controller after an hour and a half
So I'm having the issue that after about an hour and a half... and it's like clockwork... VDJ basically disconnects from my controller. The song continues to play out but the volume faders and the cross faders will not work. I try to go back into the settings and reconnect to the controller and does nothing. The only fix is to restart the software in the middle of my set. Yes I'm updated to the newest version.

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 12:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I see in your Account that you have used 2 controllers DDJ-SX3 and DDJ-1000. Does it happen with both or one of them and which ?

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 1:00 pm
is it logging you off. yesterday i had the same problem.. i was logged off and my controller wouldn't work i had to log back in.. i have been having issues every time i dl a song while its playing my vdj freezes . keeps playing music but i cant do anything.. also every time i plug into my controller i don't have the option with instrumental and all the new effects but if i don't plug in the controller its fine.

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 2:04 pm
It's with my 1000. That's all I use now. The controller and Software just stop talking. When I do anything on the controller it doesn't reflect back on the software. I have to reload a song back on the same side that was just playing in-order to play anything. Thank god for back up computers.

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 9:18 pm
Have you optimized your laptop and turned off unnecessary background tasks ?

The fact that DDJ-1000 gets "disconnected" from VirtualDJ means that either some generic procedure took too long to complete and your computer "forgot" to keep the communication with DDJ-1000 keep going on for some time, or that your USB port was temporarily suspended by the OS.

While the disconnection issue by it's own can have many reasons as to why it occurs, it's the "every 90 minutes" part of it that worries me.

The "every 90 minutes like a clock" implies that either there's an undergoing scheduled task on your computer that starts every 90 minutes and it's heavy enough to cause the disconnection of the controller, or that you have not optimized the power settings of your computer to prevent USB suspension.

So, first of all, check your power settings. Make sure that "Selective USB suspension" is disabled.
Then, check what background tasks your computer may be running.
For example if you have an antivirus installed check that it doesn't begin to do system scans every X amount of minutes. Also make sure to setup Windows Updates properly so that updates occur only in the "non active usage hours" and setup the "active usage hours" properly according to your needs.

Posted Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 10:07 pm